The Dancer Diet Trifecta
For most dancers, when it comes to cooking, they want three things: something easy, something healthy, something tasty. Miami City Ballet principal Jennifer Kronenberg has just the thing: asian garlic salmon. It's her go-to recipe for weekday dinners. “My husband, MCB principal Carlos Guerra, and I love this recipe—it's super tasty,” says Kronenberg. “And it’s perfect for preparing after a long rehearsal day.”
Asian Garlic Salmon
2–4 boneless salmon filets
3 tbsp Chinese hoisin sauce
2 tsp fresh ginger (minced or paste)
2 tsp vegetable or canola oil
3 tsp minced garlic
2 scallions (chopped)
1. Heat broiler and line a baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
2. Lightly whisk hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Brush baking pan with oil, then place salmon filets skin side down. Spoon hoisin mixture evenly on filets and spread to coat thoroughly.
4. Broil for about 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness, until the fish is opaque through the center and flakes easily with a fork.
5. When done cooking, garnish with chopped scallions to taste. Serve atop a bed of steamed bok choy, spinach or other leafy green. (Kronenberg and Guerra like it with a side of brown rice or quinoa.)