Are you hoping to get a contract this year? These top-tier companies are hiring!
Miami City Ballet
MCB is holding open auditions in New York City for the 2017-18 season. Artistic Director Lourdes Lopez is seeking classically trained male and female dancers with at least 10 years of professional experience to join the Company at all ranks. Training in the Balanchine technique is a plus.
March 26, 2017 3-8 pm
School of American Ballet 165 W. 65 Street, New York (W. 65th St. between Amsterdam and Broadway)
Specific audition class times to be announced via miamicityballet.org
- Current headshot
- 2-3 full-body dance photographs
- Recent video (link) to a classical work, variation
Michael Sebesto – Msebesto@miamicityballet.org You will receive an email confirming receipt of pre-registration materials. No phone calls please.
Hard copies of resume, headshot and dance photos with you to the audition.
If you cannot make it
to the New York audition, please submit the required materials, and you will be notified by email if you are invited to attend an audition class in Miami.
Tulsa Ballet is seeking dancers with strong classical technique for its 2017/18 Season. All auditions are by invitation only. Please send your resume and a video link of your dancing to email@example.com.
The Sarasota Ballet
Sarasota Ballet is seeking strong classically trained male dancers for the 2017 – 2018 Season. Click here for more information.
American Contemporary Ballet
American Contemporary Ballet is currently hiring dancers for the 2017-18 season. Contracts are available for the full season (May–February) and summer only (May–August). Flexibility on contract start date (into May and June) is sometimes available. Click here for more information.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
School of American Ballet
A headshot, dance photos and resume/CV.
Send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- C.V. (include full name, phone number, email address, citizenship, training and performance experience)
- Photos (one head shot and one full body dance photo)
- Video (high quality stage or studio video that display a range of repertoire, no more than ten minutes; a link to online material will be accepted)
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Joffrey Ballet School 434 6th Ave, New York, NY
2:00 pm–3:00pm, $10 registration fee
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Accademia Teatro alla Scala Ballet School
in Milan, Italy, is now accepting applications for 2017.
: The complete path of the ballet school lasts 8 years, each one from September to June. An exam is given at the end of each year. If admitted, all pupils are admitted for one academic year only and must reapply for following years.
: Mandatory. Lessons are held Monday through Friday for levels 1-5 and Monday through Saturday for higher-level courses. Courses 1-3 meet in the afternoon, courses 4-7 are full-day.
Prerequisites for admission
- Candidates who are in the 5th year of elementary school during the 2016/2017 school year may apply for the Level 1 course.
- For higher courses (Levels 2-7), the candidates must show that they are prepared to be admitted to the courses corresponding to their middle school or high school level.
- Candidates for Level 7 must be under 18 years of age on Friday, March 24, 2017.
: In order to be admitted to the courses, the candidate must pass a screening test, as described into the official Announcement (Point 7, 8 and 9). Please, download it and read it carefully. The admission tests will take place in late April at the Ballet School in Milan (Italy), according to the calendar specified at the point 9 of the Announcement. No other exam sessions are scheduled for the year.
: Ballet School of the Accademia Teatro alla Scala – Milan | Accademia Teatro alla Scala – Milan.
: registration fee to the selection of € 85 + attendance fees to be paid with a Bank SDD (SEPA Direct Debit) in installments. Please, read carefully the official Announcement for all the details about fees and tuitions, as for scolarships and exemptions available for admitted pupils. Download here the document to apply for scolarships/exemptions .
: applications must be completed and submitted online, by clicking on the “Apply now” button, NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2017.
The following documents (scanned) must be included with the application, as detailed into the official Announcement, point 6:
- valid identification for both parents or legal guardian (identity card or passport)
- receipt for payment of €85.00 (eighty-five euros)
- candidate’s codice fiscale (Italian national identification number) or statement declaring that the candidate does not have an Italian “codice fiscale”
- a professional quality photograph, passport format of the candidate’s face
- account’s holder codice fiscale (Italian national identification number) or statement declaring that the candidate does not have an Italian “codice fiscale”
Each document must not exceed 1 MB. Documents must be in doc, docx, pdf, jpeg, jpg, png format only.
Be sure to check our Auditions Page regularly!