Forget the PSL. Try These 4 Healthy Fall Snacks for Dancers.
Looking for creative and healthy ways to get your pumpkin fix this fall? First, back away from the pumpkin-spiced latte—the season’s unofficial drink is often laced with sugary syrup and comes with a complimentary mid-rehearsal crash. Instead, try these simple snacks with puréed pumpkin. It’s high in beta-carotene, which converts to immunity-boosting vitamin A, and is a good source of vitamin K, iron and fiber. You can buy it canned or make the purée from a “sugar” or “pie” pumpkin (they’re commonly available at grocery stores or farm markets).
– Make a smoothie with purée as the base.
– Blend in traditional pumpkin pie spices, a banana, milk and ice.
– Spread purée onto whole-grain toast.
– Top with sliced pear.
– Add a dash of cinnamon.
– Mix purée into plain Greek yogurt.
– Sprinkle with dried cranberries and pecans for sweetness and crunch.
– Blend pumkpin purée into plain or garlic hummus.
– Serve with raw veggies for dipping.